Main outcomes of the program are skilled people, scientific and transferable knowledge. In addition a closer community and network for Natural Gas combustion will be created within the framework of T.I.M.E. and hopefully become attractive for PhD candidates and for young/senior researchers.
- Fundamentally, the highest outcome of the program is skilled people. They will be well-trained candidates in Natural Gas combustion and its applications in a general context of environmental needs. After having followed the research program in an international environment, they should become high quality scientists/experts mastering the necessary tools and methodologies from a cross approach perspective (theory, computation and experimentation) and professionals able to address the main challenges in the domain. They will have requisite scientific level together with the skills necessary for their career: critical spirit, teamwork ability, project management skill, entrepreneurship and innovative spirit.
- The second outcome is scientific knowledge and expertise. Providing around 8 research doctoral work per year, all connected together and gathered into a group of high-level international universities, within their usual research activities research groups, will certainly increase scientific knowledge in combustion. The multi-scale (from micro-phenomenon to macro) and multi domain approach (chemistry to fluid mechanics) will contribute greatly to the knowledge development. Novel functionalities and new innovative routes may be identified and developed both in the numerical approach and in the practical applications themselves. Moreover, great enhancement in experimental set-ups is expected from the partnership. Publications, conference participations, seminars or other such communication should be significant and will be taken as a success indicator for the program.
- The third main outcome concerns the transfer of such knowledge. Based on scientific studies and the company environment, products should be developed for direct application to the market. Intellectual property right and patents will be addressed and clearly defined in each doctoral work. The number of patents will be an additional indicator of success.
- A fourth outcome will be an international thematic network and community among T.I.M.E. Association but also beyond. By working together, sharing events and setting up an alumni group, a real network within the Combustion Science community, especially for Natural Gas, will be generated. Partners already have some collaboration together, but CLEAN-Gas will be the chance to develop new common and unified perspectives. And the network will go beyond the institutions as candidates will disseminate their knowledge and skills in companies and labs and will become colleagues and counterparts in their professional life.
- Finally, thanks to the diversity of the partners, but united in the CLEAN-Gas program, the partnership expects to develop the European attractiveness not only for PhD candidates but also for researchers. Indeed CLEAN-Gas partners are convinced that the best asset for Europe is not only its excellence and quality but also its diversity and multi-cultural approach that international candidates have to face when coming in Europe: Education, Research, Language and Culture. There is no other part of the world where such a panorama can be offered to candidates all at once.